School Closure Day Camps
Day Camps will be offered throughout the school year on select weekdays when the public schools are closed. The cost is $45 per child per day camp, and parent/guardians must provide a lunch and snack food for their child(ren). 2016 Day Camp Schedule:
- Tuesday, November 8 Election Day
- Tuesday, January 3 Teacher In-Service
- Thursday, February 16 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, February 17 Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Monday, February 20 Presidents Day
After School Registration is now open
After school program includes a variety of educational, recreational, and leisure activities, designed for children 6-12 years old. Activities include sports, swimming, ice skating, social games, cooking, and arts & crafts. Special presentations and field trips may also be included. We transport children from Chaparral and Pinon Elementary Schools.
GCCC Youth Programs are for children 6-12 years of age. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. You do need to come into the center to register.
Proof of age is required
Youth Program Transfer Policy & GCCC Refund Policy: Transfer requests must be made no later than 8:00pm on the Monday one week prior to the first day of the session.
- Withdraw from a session and transfer total amount as payment for a different session or a credit.
- Refunds will be given for medical reasons only. Doctor’s excuse is required. Refunds may take up to four weeks to process. To request a refund submit a copy of the Doctor’s note and a Refund Request Form.
The Playzone is Closed Until Further Notice
Playzone (Drop-In Babysitting)
$3.00 per visit, maximum of 2 hrs
$30 per 11 visit play pass
$66 per 25 visit play pass
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Play Zone Rules
- Child(ren) must be at least 24 months old and not older than 6 years.
- A maximum stay of 2 hours per day is allowed for each child. Disregard of this limit may result in loss of PlayZone access.
- Parents/Guardians must remain inside of the building at all times during their child(ren)’s stay in the PlayZone.
- In order to provide service to any child/ren who shows signs of illness; including fever, runny nose, bad cough or any contagious conditions, a Doctor’s release will be required.
- In order to provide adequate care for the children, a limit of 12 children is maintained. If necessary, a waiting list will be started and children will be admitted as space becomes available.
- Parents/Guardians must sign their child(ren) in and out at each visit. Children will only be released to the parent/guardian who is listed on the registration form.
- Please provide external labels on all personal belongings.
- Please provide child(ren) with a snack for their stay in the PlayZone.
- Children are required to wear their shoes at all times in the PlayZone.
- Parents/Guardians must provide disposable diapers [no cloth diapers] and wipes. Children must wear clothes over their diapers and/or training pants.
- In the case of an evacuation, parents/guardians must exit workout area as directed. PlayZone staff will evacuate the child(ren) and meet parents/ guardians outside the building near the main entrance.
Children's Safety & Recreation Division Requirements for Children in All Facilities
Call 955-4005 for More Information