School Closure Day Camps
Day camps will be offered throughout the school year on select weekdays when the schools are closed. The cost is $35 per child per day camp, and parents/guardians must provide lunch and snack food for their children. Children will participate in educational, recreational, and leisure activities designed for 6-12 years of age. Activities include sports, ice skating, swimming, social games, fun with food, arts & crafts.
Day Camp Dates:
January 11, 2016 March 18, 2016
February 15, 2016
March 1, 2016
Spring Break Camp 2016 March 28- April 1, 2016
After School Youth Program
Weekly sessions will be offered throughout the school year. Registration is required in advance of the first day of each session in order to secure a spot for your child that week. Each day includes a snack followed by one supervised recreational activity, followed by homework help from our smart staff! The cost $50 per week per child. The GCCC will provide a healthy snack each day. (Children with severe food allergies must bring their own snack each day). Transportation is available at Pinon, Chaparral, and Kearny only. Parents/Guardians must pay in full and register before the first day of each session for which transportation is requested.
No children will be transported without prior payment and registration.
PROOF OF AGE IS REQUIRED
Youth Program Transfer Policy & GCCC Refund Policy: Transfer requests must be made no later than 8:00pm on the Monday one week prior to the first day of the session.
- Withdraw from a session and transfer total amount as payment for a different session or a credit.
- Refunds will be given for medical reasons only. Doctor’s excuse is required. Refunds may take up to four weeks to process. To request a refund submit a copy of the Doctor’s note and a Refund Request Form.
Playzone (Drop-In Babysitting)
$3.00 per visit, maximum of 2 hrs
$30 per 11 visit play pass
$66 per 25 visit play pass
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Play Zone Rules
- Child(ren) must be at least 24 months old and not older than 6 years.
- A maximum stay of 2 hours per day is allowed for each child. Disregard of this limit may result in loss of PlayZone access.
- Parents/Guardians must remain inside of the building at all times during their child(ren)’s stay in the PlayZone.
- In order to provide service to any child/ren who shows signs of illness; including fever, runny nose, bad cough or any contagious conditions, a Doctor’s release will be required.
- In order to provide adequate care for the children, a limit of 12 children is maintained. If necessary, a waiting list will be started and children will be admitted as space becomes available.
- Parents/Guardians must sign their child(ren) in and out at each visit. Children will only be released to the parent/guardian who is listed on the registration form.
- Please provide external labels on all personal belongings.
- Please provide child(ren) with a snack for their stay in the PlayZone.
- Children are required to wear their shoes at all times in the PlayZone.
- Parents/Guardians must provide disposable diapers [no cloth diapers] and wipes. Children must wear clothes over their diapers and/or training pants.
- In the case of an evacuation, parents/guardians must exit workout area as directed. PlayZone staff will evacuate the child(ren) and meet parents/ guardians outside the building near the main entrance.
Children's Safety & Recreation Division Requirements for Children in All Facilities
Call 955-4005 for More Information